A while a go I wrote the initial script and post about it here. Due to my experience over the last few weeks and to meet additional requirements it was time to go over the script and extend its functionality. I thought about updating the previous post, but due to the major changes I decided to create this new post.
Update May 30, 2016:
There is a new version available on GitHub. You can find the script and any new version here:
I added a bunch of new features and improvements:
- UseASPDOTNET: As the Exchange performance counters are not reliable, you can now query IIS performance counters to gather current requests
- IISMemoryUsage: This will gather the memory usage of the application pools (we had some issue with memory leaks).
- UseCIM: As you’ll get only a generic name when you use IISMemoryUsage (performance counters doesn’t know any names of application pools), you can use CIM for gathering the data
Please read the Readme. I have also some posts queued to show the daily usage.
The script will query multiple performance counters from Exchange servers in a given AD site.
Default counter collection
MSExchange RpcClientAccess\User Count
Shows the number of users connected to the service.
MSExchange RpcClientAccess\Connection Count
Shows the total number of client connections maintained.
RPC/HTTP Proxy\Current Number of Unique Users
Shows the number of unique users currently connected to a back-end server via RPC/HTTP.